Vaping dry marijuana is the more modern alternative to smoking it. So what is different about vaping as opposed to smoking. Vaporization is the process of heating weed or CBD bud to specific temperatures below the point of combustion in a vaporizer. It produces a stream of vapor that is inhaled. The main difference being that unlike smoking the dry herb is not burnt.
Is vaping better than smoking? “Better” is a subjective term. Is it “healthier”, “more convenient”, “safer”, or “discreet” The point is they are very different, so it depends on what you want from one or the other, but they will both get you high, even though potentially in a different way! Here we will try to examine the pros and cons so you can learn the differences between vaping vs. smoking weed and maybe decide which is best for you.
- Stronger Flavor: Vaping typically produces a more pronounced flavor than smoking. You can taste the individual terpenes and cannabinoid profiles of each strain more distinctly. Smoking tends to obliterate the taste and subtle nuances between strains. However, you need to be aware that the flavor will decline as you get to the end of a vaping session.
- Temperature Control: Every good quality vaporizer has adjustable heat settings that give you control over the temperature during your session. It may well take some trial and error to find the best temperature for vaping weed for you to fully enjoy, but it can enable a range of effects from mellow and uplifting to a more intense euphoric experience.
- Efficiency: Vaping marijuana enables you to extract the cannabinoids from your dry weed slowly and effectively. You can even get more than one session from a single pack. “Already vaped bud”, or ABV can also be utilized to make edibles or even tea It can also be preserved as an emergency smoke or vape. Remember that when you smoke weed, it turns to ash and is no longer of any value and can only be binned.
- It’s Safer than Smoking: According to the current research vaping is safer than smoking. When any plant matter is burnt it produces tar, carcinogens, and other by-products like toluene, naphthalene, and benzene. So if you are concerned about health issues switching to vaping is an easy decision to make.
- No lighter/matches required: As vaporizers don’t require an external heat source, the internal battery provides all the required heat, you’ll never have an incident where you’re stranded with the herb but no lighter. You also have no fire risk. Falling asleep with a lighted cigarette or joint can be fatal.
- Discreet: One of the most appealing advantages of vaping marijuana is that it doesn’t produce much of an odor, especially at lower temps. Many people now object to being subjected to second-hand smoke whether from tobacco or herb so as the vapor produced by a vaporizor smells a lot less than smoke you are less likely to upset those around you.
- Costs: Probably the most immediate objection is the cost of both the vaporizer and a grinder to reduce the herb to the required medium to fine grind. A good quality vaporizer is well worth the investment. Top-quality units such as Boundless, Arizer, Pax, or DaVinci will set you back anywhere between $100 to $200 at full retail price, depending on the modal. But if you shop around or purchase during a promotion you can often get a 30% to 40% discount. Grinders are not that expensive so are a minor incidental item.
- Must be Charged or Plugged in: You won’t need matches or a lighter, but if your vape isn’t charged or you are not near a wall socket, then you’re going to be out of luck!. The good news is that when it is fully charged, most portable vapes can provide several sessions before needing to be recharged.
- The Learning Curve: Unlike smoking, there is something of a learning curve involved with vaping weed. It takes practice to learn how to vape weed properly as well as getting used to exactly how your vape works. Getting the right grind and packing the combustion chamber as well as learning to adjust the settings will take a while. Even learning how to inhale from your device might be a new experience!
- General Maintenance: Vaping weed requires a bit more maintenance than smoking it. Keeping your vaporizer clean is essential to its performance as well as ensuring the flavor of the cloud. You won’t need to clean the vape after every usage but after every few sessions, it is imperative that you do give it a good clean.
- The Effects Will Be Different: Often called a “cleaner” high, vaping can still get you high seriously high! But it’s not as heavy as when smoking gram for gram.
So, there you are. There are definitely some advantages to using a vaporizer even if you have been more used to a joint or a pipe. One comment we have heard is that vaping is considered a “young” person’s method for consuming marijuana and is more suited to a younger age group. Don’t let that put you off giving it a try.
If the cost of a top-quality vaporizer is putting you off we suggest getting a less expensive starter pack and testing it out to see how you get on. If you find you like it you can then think about investing in a higher quality model and getting even more enjoyment.