Will the Real Commander Data Please Stand Up?
While Facebook (see Commander Data Zuckerberg smirking at right) wants to take over the world’s financial system via its bogus Libra project, Amazon is just happy to take a big chunk of it with its own tokenized coins.
But That is Not What I Want to Talk About
They are called Amazon Coins (how original) and they have an image of an Amazonian woman huntress on the face (albeit with both breasts apparently.)
Of course, you have to buy Amazon coins on Amazon and they are only good for spending on Amazon (so far.). I predict that like all currencies, they have a (smallish) chance to achieve wider distribution.
This is maybe more true if Amazon is a trusted mint–that is, they can be trusted not to debase the currency. Unlike the United States. Or Venezuela. Or Zambia. Or Argentina. Or. . . . Don’t issue the coins indiscriminately, don’t charge more for them than people will want to pay, and make them useful. Best of all, make them into a mechanism for creating credit.
- Jack Weatherford (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 304 Pages - 03/10/1998 (Publication Date) - Currency (Publisher)
Want that loan in dollars, bitcoins or Amazonians? Or Libra.
Enough with the theorizing. You can buy Amazon coins at a 13% discount. And without paying tax. And you get a discount when you buy Amazon Stuff. Wow.
Unfortunately, that bald smirking fucker Bezos cut out the commissions on Amazon coins, so I am not going to link to them. You will have to find them yourself. But I needed something to snark about today.
They are worth a penny apiece when you buy something on Amazon, like a game or an app. They are, as far as I can tell, not traded on any formal or informal exchange. This is a little surprising since they have been around almost as long as Bitcoin. But since they are only useful on Amazon, and Amazon controls the price by “minting” an unlimited number of coins, it seems unlikely that any trader could make much by speculating on the coin value.
Of course, this is a digital currency–just like Bitcoin. You get a code that represents your walletful of coins. You spend the coins on games or apps or gift cards on Amazon, and only on Amazon. If you buy a Fire device with Amazon or a game from Amazon, you can get additional discounts.
And when you buy the Amazonians, you don’t pay tax (or shipping naturally.). Here is the real question–when is the IRS going to tax the value of your Amazonian stash? Pretty soon, I bet.
Anyway, if you want to take a flyer you can buy some Amazonians, then you can buy some games.
- Skins and texture packs! We have biome settlers, city folk, town folk, and more!
- Xbox Live support, including achievements
- Cross platform play for up to five players between Pocket Edition and Windows 10
- Slash commands to let you tweak how the game plays - you can give items away, summon mobs, change the time of day, and more.
- Spooky witches and their huts, complete with cauldrons filled with random potions and the ability to dye armor
- Ocelots! And bunnies!
- Villager Trading!
- Chinese (Publication Language)
Or you can buy this nifty T-shirt.
- If you are into alt coin and crypto day trading, this is the perfect tee shirt for you. If you live your life for the pump and the dip this tshirt sums up your life at some point.
- The future lies in the blockchain, cryptocurrency, smart contracts, crypto coins, bitcoin, tokens, Crypto Trader T shirt. Retro vintage and distressed Design.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Whatever you buy, you can be pretty sure Jeff “Baldy” Bezos will get a piece of the action.
Last update on 2022-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.