What Is the Best Budget Grow Light
We selected our list of LED grow lights based on the results they showed and features they offer. We have also taken into account factors like customer reviews, industry awards and a close look at which lights have proven most popular with our readers. And we’ve tried to keep our choices within the budget of the average home grower.
Best Selling Budget LED Grow Lights
The Amazon bestsellers list is packed with cheap LED grow lights. But are any of them actually worth buying? Are the prices too good to be true?
Well… it depends.
We hesitate to recommend a lot of those lights simply because the manufacturers are very new. So there’s no real proven track record yet. Even good customer reviews aren’t a great guide here, because they haven’t had the lights long enough to tell whether these apparent bargains are built to last. One good grow doesn’t necessarily mean they’re going to be going strong still in a year or two.
On the other hand, all manufacturers were new at some point. Some of these may be the next Viparspectra or MarsHydro.
And if it’s all you can afford, a really cheap light isn’t necessarily a bad place to start. You can still learn a lot about growing, without breaking the bank. And they can be fun to experiment with.
The thing with budget options is that there’s always a trade-off somewhere. At this price point you won’t get a light that does everything and does it brilliantly. We consider a good budget light to be one that’s strong in at least one department.
So… Some of the lights below are no-frills but bright and really do the job, while others pack in a lot of features for a relatively tiny price. Most go for less than $100.
But we feel all these lights strike a good balance between features and doing at least one important thing brilliantly.
Phlizon 600W (Great budget option!)
- NO REFLECTOR NO DANGER- Many others' grow lights are used led spotlight reflector to make the light look beautiful, but we don't use it because the led reflector is not heat-resistant. If a short circuit occurs，reflector at 80℃ is easy to melt and fire. we do not use the reflector, we can not give up the safety beause of beauty.
- COMPARE TO HPS/MH- Compared to MH / HPS lamps, it generates less heat, more energy saving and lower electricity bills.It has a more comprehensive light spectrum . The 600W LED grow light can replace 100 watt HPS/MH. More effective coverage area than any reflector series lights. Perfect fit for a 2x2ft growing area at 24" height. The difference of us is that we use double cooling fans. which can most extend the light life.
- DOUBLE SWITCH- Veg and Bloom button have different function. Veg switch: It's blue led and white led. For seedling or young vegetative growth,you can use Veg switch only. Bloom switch: It's red led and white led. For flowering/blooming,you can use both Veg and Bloom switches together. View Angle of LEDs: 90°and 120°
- FULL SPECTRUM- We did lots of experiments to ensure that this full spectrum promotes plant growth. It includes universal blue red IR UV and white leds which can provide everything plant desired in the natural sunlight. The IR and UV leds can promote plants to defense mechanisms, blue and red led is essential light for plant growth.
- BEST SERVICE- Phlizon is a professional LED light manufacturer with strong R&D team and many light tester. 2 years warranty plus 30 days money back guarantee. If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to contact us. We will provide you with a completely satisfing reply.
Although this doesn’t look a great deal different to a lot of lights out there, it is often one of Amazon’s best selling LED grow light! So what is it that sets this apart from the rest?
One word: Price! You get a whole lot of light for not much money here.
Not only that, but also a few features you don’t normally get in a light this affordable, such as separate Veg and Bloom switches, UV and IR and the ability to daisy chain multiple units. They even throw in a free temperature and humidity monitor.
The Phlizon 600W comprises sixty 10W double-chip LEDs for core coverage of 2′ x 2′ hung at 24″. It’s designed to replace a 400W HID, while consuming just 108W. The warranty is 2 years and it looks like experiences with Phlizon’s customer service have been very positive when problems have occurred.
Downsides? A few growers have complained that the fans are a bit noisy. Indiscreet packaging has been another occasional complaint. And some comparable but slightly more expensive lights have better PAR values.
Brightness is what matters most, so we’d recommend getting the highest PAR values you can afford.
But still, at this price point you rarely get so many features. It’s easy enough to see why so many people have given it a go.
King Plus 600w Double Chips LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
- 【Veg/Bloom switch】: through a wide plant growth testing, the Veg/Bloom switch, was designed to provide proper light for plants in different growth stages to greatly increase your harvest. Veg switch is the blue LED and white LED only used for seed or seedling growth; Bloom switch is the red LED and white LED. For flowering, both Veg and Bloom switches can be used.
- 【Full spectrum】: KingLED LED grow light provides full spectrum lighting from 380 nm to 780 nm (including UV + IR) of natural light for plants needed of all growing stages from vegetables to flowers.
- 【Energy-saving technology】: Different from the traditional HPS ,consumes only 125w of electricity, Our LED plant grow lamp adopts a high-tech LED chip(double-chip 10W LED),Our 600w LED light can replace the traditional 250w HPS to provide brighter light and save more electricity which also can save a lot of money for you.
- 【Advanced cooling system】: multiple high-speed mute fans and upgraded aluminum radiators enable the light bulb to work at 50°F to 60°F that is lower than other lamps. In a lower temperatures, your plant won’t be burned which could increase your lighting time and promote plant growth.
- 【Professional Service】: 3 years Professional Service and free return for 90 days. KingLED Laboratory has more than five years of sales with after-sale service team professional in design, sales and production for the best products and service for the majority of customers. If you have any questions, please contact us at any time, and we will reply within 24 hours and give you a satisfactory result.
Speaking of competitors to the Phlizon 600W… the King Plus 600W is also among the best sellers on Amazon right now and normally goes for about the same price. So how do they differ? Which one should you choose?
KingLED’s King Plus 600W claims better PAR values than the Phlizon, name-brand Epistar LEDs and a better 3-year warranty. Both lights include UV and IR in their spectrum. So if it’s simply brightness that matters to you, go for the King Plus.
The King Plus also claims to be a 600W HID replacement (but 400W is maybe closer to the mark) with core coverage of 3′ x 3′ at the veg stage. Power draw at the wall is 120W.
However, the trade-off versus the Phlizon is that the King Plus isn’t daisy-chainable, it doesn’t have Bloom/Veg switches and you won’t get a free temp/humidity monitor.
Again, we’d recommend getting the brightest light you can afford. But if money’s tight, or you just want to give growing a try without spending a fortune, this is a great budget option.
Ledgle Grow Light 300W (Under $100)
- ✔Unique 50x6W LED Grow Light Design: 50 LEDs in total(6W for every led) which is much brighter and efficient than others,scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR/Lumen Output. Let your plants enjoy the natural sunshine.
- ✔Adjustable Socket: More convenient for you to adjust height and light intensity: strong hanging support line with adjustable socket, which will make you more convenient to adjust height of your plant light.
- ✔3 Switches for Differentiated Functionality: Different switch on mode bring different led bulbs on or off,which will produce different light spectrum and simulate colors, temperatures and spectral outputs of the sun,meet different grow stage demands of our plant.
- ✔Full Spectrum: The light include red,blue,yellow,white,IR and UV which is similar to the sunshine, ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and flower at all growth stages.
- ✔High Efficiency: Holes on the aluminum panel for heat convection, 2 cooling fans and heat sink in every led grow light fixture, keep the lights cool and quiet, no hurt for plants.
While this is a relatively inexpensive full spectrum light, it’s got a lot of value for the money—and it’s been one of our Top 10 sellers.
For one, the LEDs are huge! They are 6-watts each and there are 50 of them, so this is an intensely bright light that works especially well for dense plants. The panel covers up to 2 by 1.5 feet when the plants are flowering.
The customization options are similar to those on more expensive panels. They include two switches, one for the vegetative stage, and one for flowering. The spectrum covers 11 bands including white light, UV, and IR. The two built-in cooling fans have a backup system to keep running even if one of their chips fails. Global Star offers a 1-year warranty that includes parts and service.
Roleadro GalaxyHydro Series 1000W(Under $100)
- ►Blurples Light—Roleadro Grow light is an infrared grow light that is great for indoor plants. All Kinds of Indoor Plants Will be Happy in all Growth Stage at Any Time and Anywhere! The secret is our grow light extracted the most useful Blue Red IR and white light spectrum from natural sunlight to help plants perform photosynthesis better. Different from other full spectrum grow lights, we added more RED light to ensure the yield will be increased up to 30%-50%.
- ►Higher PAR Value and Energy Saving—Unique 90 degree optical lens and Eplieds 10w chips design bring higher PAR value(453umol at 18”) and Lumen output than others. Effectively reduce light loss and ensure the utilization of light up to 98%. That makes this growing light achieved the balance between efficient utilization and energy-saving. With it, you can grow delicate tropicals that will bloom year-round, as well as letting you harvest easy-to-grow vegetables and herbs in the coldest winter day
- ►Unique LED Bead and Zener Design—This plant light adopted led bead and zener design instead of the reflector to ensure if one led out won’t affect others’ leds. just consumes about 135w power, the electricity is 0.135kW·h per hour. And test result shows that the plastic reflector surface can not stand the temperature over 70 degrees and will burn out like melt. That is why Galaxhydro grow light use led bead/zener and always insist on it. We hope growing will be more safely and eco-friendly.
- ►Powerful Heat-Removal System—Roleadro 1000w led grow light are adopted 2 high-speed cooling fans+built-in aluminum heat-sink+unique built-in temperature controller, all of them constitute a powerful cooling system which can dissipate the heat from the lamp inside to outside efficiently. LED grow light input voltage AC85-265V, The LED grow light can replace traditional 1000 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 135 total watts!Totally protect the led board and ensure the long service life.
- ►Reliable Warranty and Professional Service/Support—We are not only the seller but also a professional manufacturer with 11 years R&D and production experience of the led light. All our products were strictly through the high-temperature test and check before sending out, 24months warranty is our promise. With our grow lights, you can enjoy kinds of plants, veg, and flowers in anti-season. Any problem, you can just contact us, we will provide you the professional solution and support.
Amazon’s current second best seller, the Galaxy Hydro 1000 Watt panel is one of the least expensive grow lights we’ve reviewed. It’s a full spectrum light, also including UV and IR, with a power draw of 132W. It covers 3′ by 3′ at most (for veg, not flowering), but it’s made to be daisy-chained. You can buy two or three of these for the same price of a larger light and link them together like Christmas lights to cover a larger space. GalaxyHydro offers a 2-year warranty with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
A previous version of this model remains very popular with our readers too. And this is a manufacturer with a bit longer track record than Phlizon and many other cheap lights. There are plenty of more powerful lights out there, but if money’s tight this one’s reliable enough to be worth considering.
GREENGO 3 Chips LED (Under $150)
- 🌱【VEG/BLOOM Double Switch】 Veg and Bloom button have different function. Veg switch: It's blue led and white led（430-660nm）. For seeding or young vegetative growth,you can use Veg switch only. Bloom switch: It's red led and white led（430-740nm）.For flowering/blooming,you can use both Veg and Bloom switches.
- 🌱【Daisy-Chain Function】Daisy chain compatible to make less cords,which can connect with another led grow lights to extent the coverage.Not more than 3 pcs lights can be connected and used together by power cords,one item working current 1.5 A.Energy & money & time saving.
- 🌱【Triple-chips 15W LEDs】Triple-chip LEDs,which is much brighter and efficient than double chips,scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR/Lumen Output and Coverage.And compares to traditional HPS/MH while consuming only 248 watts.
- 🌱【Efficient Cooling System】The difference of us is that 1200w led grow light use 3 high speed cooling fans+built-in aluminium heat-sink, all of them constitute a powerful cooling system which can dissipate the heat from the lamp inside to outside efficiently, better heat dissipation than others, ensure the long lifespan and let the led grow light working in a good environment, and won't burn your plants, cool and quiet.
- 🌱【Worry-Free Service】This led grow light package includes 1200watt led plant grow light,stainless steel hanger hook,adjustable rope hanger and power cord(Same Use for Daisy Chain),under hassle-free 36 monthes service.If you have any questions,please feel free to contact us, we will offer you professional guidance to help your plants grow better.
The GREENGO 3 Chips LED grow lamp has all the features you would expect in a full veg/flowering system and competes well with the likes of VIPARSPECTRA and MarsHydro. Its blue/red LEDs are used in the vegetative growth and for flowering you switch on the white LEDs.
Consuming just 248 watts, the system is comparable with a HID lamp of around 800 watts.
Up to three lights can be ‘daisy-chained’ together, extending the reach from 3’x3′ in veg cycle to 9’x9′ in a larger grow. Looking for something smaller or cheaper? Try the 900W version.
Yescom 225 Blue LEDs Grow Light Ultrathin Panel
- [Wide Application]: Ultrathin Blue LED Grow Light, blue light helps to improve photosynthesis, also for regulating plants growing; Perfectly fits grow tent, greenhouse and laboratory, for growing seedlings, cultivating flowers, bonsai, vegetables and so on
- [Easy to Set up]: Ultrathin & lightweight designed panel for easily hanging anywhere you want with hanging kit included; Hook and carabiners for convenient place and remove, free to change the position
- [Efficient & Energy-saving Lighting]: Consuming only 22W with 225pcs LEDs, 120-degree beam angle of bulbs, recommended to cover 18.3 square feet, great for 4x4ft or smaller size grow tent
- [Safe to Use]: Aluminum substrate shell offers great heat dissipation; Fiberglass panel provides solid construction for durability; Water resistant body avoids danger caused by spilling while watering plants; Overvoltage and overcurrent protection prevents bulb damage
- [Durable Construction]: Redundant design of bulbs guarantees that overall panel will still works if one LED burns out, also bulbs feature 3-year servicing life
The YESCOM 225 Blue LEDs Grow Light is a modular system where several panels can be connected according to the size of your grow. It is a pure-vegetative stage light that just uses blue-spectrum light for the growth stage of the plant. Being a specialist at one phase of the grow it is significantly cheaper than other LED light systems that are used from seedling to flowering stages.
- Coverage of 4′ x 5′ at both flowering and vegetative stages, and canopy penetration of 5′.
- Replaces an 800-1000W HID light, but draws only 380W at the wall.
- Spectrum includes UV and IR.
- High quality lights but very suitable for beginners.
- These lights stay cool enough to touch even when they have been running for a full 24 hours.
- 2-year warranty, serviced by DormGrow.
- Excellent customer service—they even reach out to their customers to ensure everything is going smoothly.
- For maximum yields, DormGrow suggests adding a couple of these 90W all red bulbs at the flowering stage.
Some experts claim that you only need to add additional red LEDs for the flowering stage. If you are growing on a budget you may want to test this concept yourself!
Best LED Grow Lights for Very Small Spaces (2019)
Some growers prefer to have one light running at full intensity for a whole grow, but then add in some red lights for flowering. For you guys, we’ve got a couple of supplemental bloom lights listed below.
Also, we know some of you only have space for a plant or two, while others might want to try something small-scale and low-cost for your first indoor weed growing attempts. So in this section you’ll also find a couple of great options for very small grow spaces.
TaoTronics Hydroponic 36W LED Grow Light TT-GL23
- ✔Full Spectrum LED Grow Lamp: 12 evenly spaced 3W LEDs provide your plants with all wavelengths they need to grow healthy from seeding to bloom
- ✔Easy to Use for Immediate Growth: Compatible with the standard E26 / E27 sockets and 100~240V AC so you don’t need to purchase a special lamp; free standard E26 socket included
- ✔Better Dissipation with Umbrella Design: Does not heat even after 24 hours of continuous usage so it won’t harm your plants and will last longer
- ✔Wider 60° Illumination Angle: Broader light beam covers a vaster area without sacrificing intensity or efficiency; grow more plants with just one light bulb and save the cost of an extra one
- ✔For Plants, Fruits & Veggies: Treat your greens to a full light spectrum and help them grow while extending the blooming period and increasing production
This light is tailored to those who are brand-new in their growing operation and need something that works for a small-scale grow room. If you only have a single plant, for example, why would you spend hundreds of dollars on a light for it? The TaoTronics Hydroponic 36W equivalent LED Grow Light is perfect if you want to master your craft without a big initial investment. It probably won’t last for your long-term goals, but it’s difficult to find a light that’s a better value.
Fits a standard E26 socket, lasts up to 50,000 hours and draws only 20W. This is the newest and brightest in the TaoTronics LED grow bulb line and also now has a 60° beam angle for better coverage. Even with one plant, we recommend using two bulbs for best results.
Roleadro 45W Panel LED Grow Light
- 【Exclusive Spectrum】Roleadro grow lights Adopted Most Useful Grow Light Spectrum. The exclusive light spectrum contains 460-465nm, 620-740nm, 6000-6500k wave band, Providing plants with a diverse spectrum of light and promotes their growth.With it, you can grow delicate tropicals that will bloom year-round, as well as letting you harvest easy-to-grow vegetables and herbs in the coldest winter days.
- 【Excellent heat dissipation design】No longer worry about heat dissipation even with high power. We adopt aluminum cooling plate made of advanced small molecular material, plus a small heat sink for each chip to achieve excellent heat dissipation. All of these designs made heat efficient dissipation.
- 【Easy Set Up】This led grow lights are lightweight and very easy to use with the upgraded hanging brackets, the system can be built in perfect sturdy condition within one minute. you can hang this lamp for anywhere you want. Good structure and high-quality material selection make this indoor plant lamp is the best choice for gardeners.
- 【Widely Used】This Seedling Light can be used for both hydroponics and indoor plants in soil, such as orchid, papers potatoes, lettuce, chili, tomatoes, aquarium plants like algae that in greenhouse, garden, vertical farm, grow tent or grow room.
- 【Reliable Warranty and Professional Service】We are not only the seller but also a professional manufacturer with 11 years R&D and production experience of led light.All our products were strictly through high temperature test and check before sent out, 30 months warranty is our promise. With our grow lights, you can enjoy kinds of plants,veg and flowers in anti-season.Any problem, you can just contact us, we will provide you the professional solution and support.
Here’s another small grow light that’s been a popular seller with our readers. We would recommend it more for seedlings, these aren’t really powerful enough for any marijuana plants older than a couple of weeks. However, if you’ve got a separate germination area, a few of these low-cost panels could come in handy. And we’ve heard of them being used for supplemental lighting.
Apollo Horticulture GL60LED 180W LED Grow Light
- 1 – 180W Apollo Horticulture LED UFO
- Diameter: 10.5” , Coverage Area: 2.5’ x 2.5’ ; 5 Square Feet
- 60pcs , 3W Chips ; Lifespan: 50,000 Hours
- 6 Band Spectrum: 430nm, 475nm, 620nm, 630nm, 660nm & 730nm
- Package Includes: 1 – 180W LED UFO / 1 – Power Cord / 1 – Set of Stainless Steel Hanging Clips / 1 - Instructional Pamphlet
Apollo is one of the better manufacturers when it comes to LED grow lights and indoor growing equipment, and this small LED grow panel makes an ideal option for a new small plant grower. It fits in a 2 by 2-foot space to cover up to three plants and uses only 90 watts of electricity.
This lamp is easy to hang as it’s lightweight and doesn’t require ballast. One of the features we like best about the Apollo is that you can hang this lamp closer to the plants than you can others because it runs cool. In fact, this is the lamp we like best for marijuana seedlings because it covers four important wavelengths of the spectrum.
This lamp though small has an impressive life span of over 50,000 hours and the company does offer a 2-year warranty, which is somewhat unusual for an inexpensively priced lamp. The lamp will work with all phases of growth including the flowering stage, although you may want to add a second lamp for that part.
ABI True Red Flowering lamp (to assist in blooming)
- The red LEDs, 620-630 nanometers, are designed for maximum bud development, flowering, and fruit growth
- Pulls a true 26W of power at the wall
- 50,000+ hour service life, 3 year manufacturer's warranty, assembled in the USA
- An integrated ball-bearing fan quietly cools allowing for the higher power, Fits a standard household E26 socket 100-240V AC input
- LEDs: 18pcs 620-630nm Red, Drive current: 550mA 18x3W Class, Beam Angle: 60 degree
Let’s say you want a bigger yield but you’re already stretching the light from your LED panel to the limit. Many growers supplement with an extra red light or two. They encourage better blooming. Since they’re also LED lamps, they last for years, so they are a cheap investment.
This 54W-equivalent (actual draw 26W) red light bulb from ABI is an inexpensive way to get more buds and flowers on your weed. It fits in a standard household lamp socket or you can plug it into an extension cord made for light bulbs. Don’t worry, it’s not hot like an incandescent red lamp, it runs very cool.
G8LED 90 Watt RED Flower Booster LED Grow Light
- Increase the flowering size and density by adding G8LED 90W Flower Boosters to any grow room as supplemental lighting. Made with 90 x 1W dense network of diodes with an output power of 80W.
- Increase ROI of the grow by adding a G8LED Flower Booster. Each Flower Booster has a very dense network of 90 individual diodes and adds 770μMol/m2/s of PAR at 12 inches to the grow room! All Red 630nm & 660nm can be added to any LED, CFL or HID system.
- Add one Flower Booster per 8-10 square feet of grow area during the flowering phase to increase yield. The plants will respond with increased flowering within 1 week.
- Upgraded for 2020! G8LED produces the highest quality, most innovative indoor grow lighting technology. G8LED lights produce higher quality plant growth and the highest yields in the industry.
- The G8LED Flower Booster can be added alongside any type of light to positively improve flowering results. Expert Guide Top Pick. Wiki Top Ten #1 LED Grow Light. Best LED Grow Light by High Times Magazine.
The perfect accompaniment to the G8LED light listed above. Add one of these per 10 square feet of grow area at the flowering stage for higher yields, more resin and bigger, denser buds. They’re 90W HID equivalents, but draw only 75W. Would also work great with other full spectrum, full cycle lights without an extra bloom setting.
Our Favorite Light That Didn’t Make Our Top 10
Here’s one last light for our list of recommendations. It was in our Top 10 until last year, but even though it didn’t quite make the cut this year it’s too good a light to leave out entirely.
California Lightworks SolarStorm 440W LED Grow Light
Ideal for a 3′ by 3′ grow tent
California Lightworks SolarStorm 440W LED Grow Light definitely falls under one of the more expensive lights on this page, which along with not being a big seller among our readers was in part (see below) why it dropped out of our Top 10 this year.
But we still want to recommend it here, because this is one situation where you get the results you pay for.
Also, you might be able to pick one up at a bargain price soon—it’s been discontinued and replaced by the Solar System 550. That was the other reason why we dropped it from the Top 10.
However, the 440 remains pretty widely available for now. So we’ll keep this review up for the time being.
The SolarStorm 440 can replace a 600W HPS light while consuming only 235W during the vegetative stage, 320W in bloom mode and 350W during the final few weeks when the UV-B booster is turned on (see below). You’ll get coverage of 3′ x 3′ for bloom and up to 6′ x 6′ during veg.
This unit comes in a distinctive bright red color—a stark change from subtly-colored light panels from other manufacturers. And that’s far from the only thing that’s notable about the SolarStorm.
The light is a bit more intense than those with 3W chips, as this uses 5W OSRAM SSL LEDs instead—88 of them. The optics are all jewel-quality glass focused at 90 degrees. Plus, it has two T8 15W UV-B tubes to enhance growth at the flowering stage—a unique feature.
But don’t worry, this panel runs cool and quiet with its built-in fans. And as befits the price tag, it comes with a 3-year warranty to protect your investment.
MaryJane Farmer: Favorites of My Readers
Below are short reviews of a number of other excellent grow lights we considered for our top recommendations, or which we have featured in the past.
Even if some of them have been surpassed by some of the lights listed above, they’re all still solid, reliable, powerful options. We know these lights are all popular with our readers. And the manufacturers each have a proven track record.
So if you didn’t find what you were looking for above, stick around just a little longer. One of these lights will likely suit your needs.
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 600W
- 【UL Certified】Lighting SAFETY is just as important as EFFICIENCY. The V600 as a whole is UL Certified. It meets UL rigorous testings and safety standards to ensure safe operation. Fire-Resistant reflectors strengthens the light penetration, NO DANGER! VIPARSPECTRA is a trusted brand in the lighting industry by providing the best customer care with quality and safe products.
- 【Optimal Spectrum& VEG & BLOOM Switches】The secret to VIPARSPECTRA’s success is optimal full spectrum lighting which provides plants in all stages from veg to flower with everything they need in the natural sunlight. This results in bigger buds and higher yield all while saving you on energy costs.VEG and BLOOM switches are suitable for each growing phase. Upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks and advanced high speed quiet fans are great for heat dissipation.
- 【Daisy Chain Function】Daisy Chain feature assists growers to connect multiple lights together with fewer outlets. Each package includes a US power cable, but with a dual purpose of serving as power plug as well as a daisy chain cable. No additional cords is needed, simply plug in the provided power cord into the second light's outlet to connection among multiple units. To ensure safety, each total true wattage of extra connected light must less than 600w, you can maximum link extra 2pcs V600.
- 【Coverage area & Hanging height】The 600W LED grow light is perfect for a 3’x3’ vegetative coverage at 32”and 2.5’x2.5’ flowering coverage at 22”. We recommend hanging the light at 28"-40" and running the lights 18 hours per day during the vegetation stage. During the flowering and fruiting stage, hang the light at 18"-24" while running 12 hours per day with both VEG and BLOOM switches. Remember to properly adjust the height of your light accordingly to your plant desired level for optimal growth
- 【Worry-free 3 Years US warranty】We are a professional manufacturer who specializes in LED grow lights for many years. Product quality and professional customer service are always our top concern. We offer 3 Year local warranty and 30 days money back guarantee. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will offer you professional guidance to help you and your plants grow better.
A big seller among our readers, the VIPARSPECTRA V600 is the bigger brother of the v300. It comes with all the same features, plus the addition of separate veg and bloom switches.
Replacing a 600W HID light and drawing just 269W on average, the V600 can cover a grow area of 3′ x 3′ hung at 32″ and 2.5′ x 2.5′ at 22″. At the center of the light’s footprint, PAR at 24″ is 530, 275 at 36″ and 784 at 18″.
Again you can upgrade for remote control programmability, built-in timer and even better coverage—in this case, to the bar-shaped VT600.
Or the VT600-S has the same square shape and the same coverage as the V600, but the best PAR values of all three V600 options.
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 450W
- 【UL Certified】Lighting SAFETY is just as important as EFFICIENCY. The V450 as a whole is UL Certified. It meets UL rigorous testings and safety standards to ensure safe operation. Fire-Resistant reflectors strengthens the light penetration, NO DANGER! VIPARSPECTRA is a trusted brand in the lighting industry by providing the best customer care with quality and safe products.
- 【Optimal Spectrum】The secret to VIPARSPECTRA’s success is optimal full spectrum lighting which provides plants in all stages from veg to flower with everything they need in the natural sunlight. This results in bigger buds and higher yield all while saving you on energy costs.
- 【Outstanding Design】Sturdy durable construction with fire-resistant iron housing. VEG and BLOOM switches are suitable for each growing phase. Upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks and advanced high speed quiet fans are great for heat dissipation. Daisy chain feature assists growers to connect multiple lights together with fewer outlets.
- 【Coverage Area】 Comparable to traditional 300W HPS/MH while consuming only 200W! Perfect for a 2.5’x2.5’ vegetative coverage at 24” and 2x2’ flowering coverage at 18”.
- 【Worry-free 3 Years US warranty】We are a professional manufacturer which specialized in LED grow light for many years. Products' quality and professional customer service are always our Top concerned. We offer 3 Years local warranty and 30 days money back guarantee. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We will offer you professional guidance to help you and your plants grow better.
I guess you’d have to call this one the middle child, size-wise.
Anyway, our third biggest seller, the VIPARSPECTRA V450 is a 400W HID replacement, drawing only 200W. It will give you coverage of 2.5′ x 2.5′ hung at 24″ and 2′ x 2′ at 18″, and the respective PAR values are 415 and 655. Again, it has separate veg and bloom switches.
PlatinumLED Platinum Series P600
Excellent 800W HPS Replacement
- Platinum LED lights have the HIGHEST PAR/LUMEN OUTPUT PER WATT of any LED grow light! 2x-3x the intensity of any other lights!
- SUPERIOR 12-band full spectrum from the depths of UV to the heights of IR - The most complete and efficient spectral output available
- Selectable VEG/FLOWER switches with 4x high speed whisper quiet fans plus ALL NEW upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks
- 800w HPS replacement with 6ft x 4ft coverage at 18" height PERFECT for large applications or using multiple units for even coverage in commercial application
- COMPLETE 5 YEAR WARRANTY plus our exclusive 90 DAY SATISFACTION OR RETURN GUARANTEE. Amperage (Veg + Bloom) :3.1A @ 110V / 1.6A @ 220V,Amperage (Veg Switch Only) :1.7A @ 110V / 0.8A @ 220V
For one of the most advanced grow lights we’ve ever used, consider the Platinum Series P600. This grow light is a hefty investment, but most growers will agree that premium results are worth a premium price tag. The build on this is durable and easy to set up. It’s one of the best LED grow lights to buy, if you have the money to invest in your crops. The core coverage area is about 2 feet by 5 feet, so you can hit the “Bloom” switch for about 5 to 10 plants, maximum.
The Platinum Series combines intense light and powerful fans so your plants don’t burn. The light is intense enough that you can physically see it penetrate the plants – an impressive feat. Further, these lights come with something completely unheard of: A 5-year warranty and exceptional customer service provided by the company directly. With the energy savings against an 800W HPS alone, this unit will pay for itself before the warranty runs out.
PlatinumLED Platinum Series P300
- Platinum LED lights have the HIGHEST PAR/LUMEN OUTPUT PER WATT of any LED grow light! 2x-3x the intensity of any other lights!
- SUPERIOR 12-band full spectrum from the depths of UV to the heights of IR - The most complete and efficient spectral output available
- Selectable VEG/FLOWER switches with 2x high speed whisper quiet fans plus ALL NEW upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks
- 400w HPS replacement with 4.5ft x 3.8ft coverage at 18" height - PERFECT for compact applications or using multiple units for even coverage
- COMPLETE 5 YEAR WARRANTY plus our exclusive 90 DAY SATISFACTION OR RETURN GUARANTEE
For those who love the P600 but don’t have quite that large of a budget or size of a grow tent, the Platinum Series P300 is a great runner-up—and has been a popular light with our readers.
This is definitely a more affordable LED grow light that offers many of the same benefits as the P600, but at around half the price.
Its coverage is about 4.5 feet by 3.8 feet at an 18-inch height, perfect for compact grow areas, or when used in combination with additional lamps for larger areas. This light panel effectively replaces a 400W HPS light, while only actually using 180 watts of power—making it an energy efficient alternative to a traditional light. It’s just perfect for the small home grower. Just as the P600 represents the higher end of the market, this is still a serious piece of equipment—practically a steal for the amazing coverage you get.
This is a system that has a great high PAR output. What does that mean? Well it means the panel gives off about 2 to 3 times the intensity of other grow lights.
More importantly, it has an 11 band spectrum that gives your marijuana plants the most nutritional value including those needed from UV and IR. The light chips are all 3W LEDs, and as I’ve mentioned before, the best 3-watt panels have an additional lens to focus the light a bit more. This panel comes with a 60-degree lens and secondary 90-degree focusing lens to give more intensity for plant growth.
The chips in this lamp are also replaceable and another reason for the slightly higher price tag. This means you can always keep that 400-watt output, even when a chip blows. Just order the one chip and replace it when it arrives from the manufacturer. With a 5-year guarantee, Advanced LED offers security to their customers.
MaryJane Farmer’s Final Thought
Sometimes less is more–like when you are starting to grow pot and don’t want to break the bank in case it doesn’t pan out. Best thing to do: get one of these budget lights and spend your money and time getting good seeds and nutrients. We’ve got it all in one place here. Or you can download my free Beginner’s Guide here.
I would love to hear from you. Sign in here to leave a comment or ask a question. Or send me photos of your garden: MaryJane@420Beginner.com
Last update on 2021-04-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.